While Magento 1 already offers a smooth experience for consumers, the release of Magento 2 was what all the developers are looking forward to this year. Being released in 2008, the Magento 1 is already favored by a lot of online business owners as well as developers, who believed that this platform appeared to be the most versatile yet; and it’s true. The transition from Magento 1 to Magento 2 after several years in development got business owners and developers excited to switch from the latest version altogether, and here’s why:
1. It’s packed with performance improvements including,
- It supports the latest versions of PHP frameworks which include PHP 7. Working together on the latest version of Magento and the framework PHP 7 enables a website to run smoothly than before.
- No need for third party module to store cache, making it very convenient for store owners.
2. The admin panel is user-friendly. It spares you from having a hard time navigating through various tabs and working your way along the different admin options.
3. The latest version lets you see your progress within your platform, for example, it shows your company’s lifetime sales, in-demand products, average orders, last orders, frequently searched terms, etc., making it possible for you to work on your platform and keep track of the things that impact your business.
4. Uploading of photos became easier compared to the previous version. It also offers different options which you can use to further optimize the display of your products.
5. Removing and adding panel or columns within your page doesn’t require you any more to contact the help/support staff since the option to add or remove these panels are already available within the user settings.
6. It’s an SEO optimized platform, you are sure to get ahead of your game as well as your rank among the search engine websites.
All in all, Magento 2 is definitely packed with a lot of new features that will surely boost your eCommerce platform and jump start whichever business you are starting. Its features seem to be more useful and can serve your platform to grow and compete within the vast eCommerce world.