Exerting a pull on your customers might be a complicated task but making them hold onto you is even more challenging and complicated.
The features that you offer to your customers act like a life-blood to your eCommerce business. But also note that the features alone would not determine the success of a store. The features have to be made an open resource which is available to the viewers. To enable this, a powerful search tool is quintessential.
Magento search tool is what that comes to our mind when we talk about a majestic and robust search tool. This is because an intelligent search tool could give the user the best shopping experience which is not attained by mere display of advertisements and sponsored links.
Before diving deep into why Apache Solr Search needs to be integrated with Magento, let us have some idea of what Solr is.
So, what does Solr stand for? Searching On Lucene w/Replication
What is it actually? An HTTP-based search application.
Apache Solr Search
Developed by the intellectual developers at Apache, Apache Solr search is open source enterprise software. This is integrated with the eCommerce store (website or mobile application) by the developers without any Java coding.
The major advantage of Apache Solr search is that it surpasses all other inbuilt tools that are available on the eCommerce websites in terms of speed and accuracy with the help of Lucene Search Library.
If the online merchant would like to have advanced customizations he could do so with the help of the extensive plugin architecture.
Why use Solr search?
There are quite a lot of advantages of using a Solr Search in an eCommerce website.
- Solr search is open source.
- No license fee involved.
- Easy to alter the software
- Research on how a data is processed could be done easily by informed programmers
- Additional functions could be added (Customization of software made possible)
- Make search option better when the products in the store are not arranged hierarchically
Integrate Apache Solr Search with Magento
Only a top rated professional could help you with the integration of Apache Solr Search with Magento. But even before that a thorough research on what type of Solr search needs to be implemented has to be checked.
Identify the roots of your business requirements
There is a lot of variances when it comes to business. The needs and demands differ from one to another in a drastic manner. So even before integration process, ensure that there is a field work done from the roots.
Check for Compatibility
The Magento developers should provide you with a Search option that is compatible with your eCommerce store and is fine-tuned as per your requirement.
Quality diagnostic checks need to be done and steps must be taken to check whether the integration has been established properly so that the products are sorted and searched easily.
The Magento development company must assist you at times when you face any technicalities. The services and consultations are the most vital part here.
The above mentioned are the advantages of Solr Search. Let us now have a look at the key features of Apache Solr Search.
- Rapid and swift searching option – The rapid option for searching helps to index the searches of the customer in a lightning speed.
- ‘Did you mean?’ feature – The ‘Did you mean?’ functionality acts as a pawn for Solr Search. This is actually a part of the Spell Check Guide
- Auto complete search option – This option helps to complete the word while typing the product name.
- Compatible full-text searching and a refined search facility from multiple databases.
- Hassle-free data pulling from multiple databases.
- Flexible to integrate new features.
So you might be clear of what exactly is the Apache Solr Search and why is it required in Magento. Also, you might have developed a clear insight on the uses of integrating this feature to your Magento eCommerce store.
Hire the perfect Magento development company and avail yourself the best features and make your business a successful one.